Wednesday, August 05, 2015
- Rattling the wooden planks in the bleachers at Barrett Stadium.
- Black/White Game that featured graduating Seniors versus the next year's team.
- Student Body Right... Student Body Left.
- The guy in the stands with the bugle playing "Charge".
- Cow bells clanging in the stands.
- Fans staying until the end of the game, even on lop-sided games.
- Making opposing Blue-Chip college prospect players look really overrated.
- Players that talked Permian attitude to the media.
- Going to the state playoffs year-after-year.
- Having one of the smallest teams, with the biggest hearts in the state.
- Halftime adjustment, and dominating the second half of the game with defense.
- Having more fans on our side of the stands than the opposing home team.
- Several motor homes parked at every game we played, home or away.
- 18,000 Permian fans, and the band playing "Hawaii 5-0" in Texas Stadium.
- Kurt Kiser of KOSA-TV saying "and that's a MOJO touchdown!".
- CB conversations on the way to and from a Permian playoff game.
- The Roll Calls for fans waiting to buy playoff tickets the next morning.
- Opponents chanting "No Mo Mojo" or "Mojo Who?".
- Hearing the opponent fans silenced by mid-fourth quarter.
- People asking "What is a MOJO", just to find out Four Quarters later.
- Black and White streamers on mile marker signs on every road game.
- Counting how many cars had Mojo on them on the road game drives.
- Zentner's Daughter with the crowd before a game in San Angelo.
- K.C. Steak House in Big Spring before the game against the Steers.
- Standing by the Field House burning an orange candle for the Angelo game.
- 100+ Pepettes wearing their black & white candy striped sweaters.
- Watching a band perform in black and white, including the drum majors.
- Majorettes outfitted in shiny silver, with the knee high boots.
- A massive marching band that stretched from end-to-end of the playing field.
- The band in the halls of Permian after the pep rally on game day.
- Hearing this thunderous band as it came out of the tunnel at Texas Stadium.
- The band uniformly marching off the field while chanting MOJO around the field.
- Crowds actually shouting the letters when the band spelled P-A-N-T-H-E-R-S.
- The Black-N-White Santa outfit worn by the Panther.
- Dr. Rowntree's black and white Christmas tree.
- Sending out Christmas cards wishing friends and family a Merry Mojo Christmas.
- Receiving cards from friends and family wishing a Merry Mojo Christmas.
- Big wooden yard signs in front of the players' houses, except crosstown week.
- Seeing only Permian signs on the Eastside of Odessa.
- Listening to "Catch Us If You Can" by Dave Clark Five on Friday afternoons.
- Hearing excuses about the one play that cost OHS the game - year-after-year.
- Dr. Rowntree's back door - medical treatment with no waiting.
Created by Sportz Designs on KylGrafX.com. All rights reserved.
No portion of MojoLand.net may
be duplicated, redistributed or manipulated in any form without prior written
By accessing any content beyond this page, you agree
to abide by the